Sunday, January 31, 2016

Bad Luck (The Bad Books) by Pseudonymous Bosch

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first picked up this book. It actually turned out to be a funny and interesting read even though I have not read the first book in the series.
Clay is spending his summer vacation at Earth Camp on Prince Island. It seems ho-hum but it just so happens that this is a secret camp for kids with magical talents. Clay finds a mysterious cave, encounters a boy who was thrown off of a ship by his father, and finds something very magical in the cave. It turns out that the castaway boy's father has evil plans for what is in the cave and it is up to Clay and his friends to save the day.
I think it would be a wonderful read for children around late elementary school and up who love magic, adventure and mystery. My son who is 7 actually started reading this when I wasn't looking and is interested in the book. Even though I am an adult, I am planning to read the first book because I really enjoyed the author's humor which shined all through the book.

Four out of Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment