Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Silk by Chris Karlsen

I have always been interested in the world the infamous Jack the Ripper inhabited: in particular; Victorian London, and Jack's crimes and victims. I requested this novel from Netgalley because of the plot and the incredible cover and was not disappointed.
While Jack the Ripper is stalking London's East End, police are busy searching for another killer. Leading the investigation is Metropolitan Detective Inspector Rudyard Bloodstone. I was impressed by not only the development of the main characters but also the description of a time and place long gone. I have always enjoyed thrillers and mysteries that take place in a different time period (Ellis Peters and Bruce Alexander for example) and which has an interesting main character. This book has both in abundance. I am looking forward to the next book in this promising series.

No comments:

Post a Comment