Thursday, August 7, 2014

Way Out: A True Account of Schizophrenia by Walter Thomas Morton


I found this to be a very disturbing and honest account of what it is like to have schizophrenia. I found it a bit disjointed and hard to read at certain times but I think that this was intended by the author to show you what is going on in the schizophrenic mind.
Eugene starts off as a regular well educated and working adult but as the illness takes over he has to deal with homelessness, joblessness, and being barely able to survive.
I found the story to be very stark and sincere. I want to thank the author for offering me to read the book with no request for a review. I wanted to do one because I think this is an important book for people who want to understand what schizophrenia is and how it affects those who have it. Hopefully, it will also help others who do have it to know they are not alone. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment